How do I formulate with Dodecanedioic Acid (DDDA)?
Dodecanedioic acid (DDDA) (as patent-pending Metabolyte™) comes in powder form, so it’s ideal for powder-into-water applications like hydration, pre workouts, and weight management powders.
Metabolyte™ comes in two forms: potassium DDDA and sodium DDDA. The recommended dosing is 1.5g to 3g of total material. It’s possible to go higher for more acute benefits, but 1.5g – 3g does provide most consumers to feel energy and cognition, particularly when fasting. It’s good at any time, though may choose to take it in the morning – even as their non-stim preworkout.
Because potassium is the most deficient mineral in the American diet, this is a big opportunity to help rectify this deficiency while also providing metabolic and performance benefits. There is roughly 340mg of potassium for every 1000mg of potassium Metabolyte™.
Ideal Metabolyte™ applications
- For hydration alone, formulators can play with various sodium: potassium ratios and potentially add trace minerals.
- For hydration + weight management or intermittent fasting, formulators can add chromium or other common weight management ingredients, if wanted.
- For hydration + performance (energy/active lifestyle), formulators can add PeakO2™ or ingredients such as Taurine or Betaine. Because Taurine is so big on TikTok as of June 2023, that’s a great choice.
- For hydration + beauty and healthy aging, consider adding Yüth™ (aka biogenic polyamines like spermidine) and biotin for hair, skin and nails.
- For hydration + minerals, consider leaning into potassium as the most deficient mineral in the American diet, as well as a trace mineral complex.
- Intermittent fasting (IF): Intermittent fasting is the most popular diet in America in 2023. So, patent-pending Metabolyte™ represents a nearly unprecedented opportunity in dietary supplements to support the IF lifestyle
- Consider adding Yüth™ (aka biogenic polyamines like spermidine), which is a fasting mimetic (for inducing autophagy) to support the intermittent fasting lifestyle
- “Fat burning”: Fat burning is a bit of an older term and category as more people prefer satiety (hence, semaglutide/Ozempic®). However, fat burning is still a big category and formulators can use Metabolyte™ alone, or with other classics like capsaicin or gingerols.
- Low carb/’keto’: Dietary ketosis helps the body switch from burning glucose to fat (“metabolic flexibility”), but supplemented ketones do not. Ketones provide an alternative energy source. By contrast, Metabolyte™ provides an alternative energy source AND supports those on low carb diets with metabolic flexibility to maintain blood sugar and insulin levels in already healthy ranges.
- Preworkouts typically contain one or more of the following components: energy, pump, muscle building, cognition and hydration.
- For the hydration component, many use mineral citrates (sodium citrate), or even straight salt (sodium chloride). Others use sodium glycerophosphate because the glycerol can have a dual function for “pump.”
- Metabolyte™ is next-generation “super electrolytes” because they turn the hydration complex functional by providing energy while also sparing glycogen. Metabolyte is a noteworthy advancement in exercise and hydration, particularly if you happen to train fasted.
- Intra-workouts are synonymous with endurance. So, if we’re just talking about exercising for longer periods of time, then sparing glycogen could enable longer workouts and a competitive edge. Sparing glycogen is one of Metabolyte’s principal benefits. Additionally, Metabolyte™ is ready-made energy the muscle burns preferentially, so it’s an immediate energy boost. It’s easy to combine Metabolyte™ with betaine, taurine or PeakO2 for potentially complementary action.
Where is DDDA found?
Dodecanedioic acid (DDDA) (as Metabolyte™) is found in some plants such as green beans (Phaseolus vulgaris). Other dicarboxylic acids can be found in castor oil, for example. Because DDDA is found in low concentrations in nature, the only practical way to obtain DDDA is through supplementation like patent-pending Metabolyte™. And only Metabolyte is self-affirmed Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) and regulatorily compliant.
Compound Solutions is pioneering this “supercharged MCT” called Metabolyte™ in dietary supplements.