Here are Solutions to the Caffeine Shortage
Share this post:
By now you must have heard that there’s a bit of a shift happening within the global caffeine export process in China. Some see it as a caffeine shortage, but we see it as another reason to keep innovating. We’ll get into the solutions in this quick article; but first, the facts.
Caffeine is a controlled drug in China, so the Chinese government requires export licenses before Chinese caffeine manufacturers can export globally. Chinese caffeine manufacturers supply 60-70% of the USA market, but the Chinese government hasn’t approved an export license for three months. That means caffeine supply is tightening and prices are rising.
The good news is, we’ve got solutions for you.
- Option 1: Stay the course, secure as much caffeine as possible, and hope for the best.
- Option 2: Secure as much caffeine as possible AND plan for a potential reformulation.
If you’re going with Option 2, then below are a few options***:
- Amplify caffeine with Dynamine™ and/or Dynamine + theobromine
- Amplify and extend caffeine with Dynamine™ + TeaCrine®
- Go caffeine-free with Dynamine™-TeaCrine®-theobromine
***There are several other formulation options using other ingredients, so contact us for those ideas.
- [New] Dynamine™ 40% is now 100% soluble, bitter-masked and applicable to all dosage forms including: RTDs, coffee, powders, gummies and gels. And pure Dynamine™ is applicable to all solid dosage forms such as capsules, tablets, softgels.
- The only GRAS ingredient we’ve ever known to extend the kinetics of caffeine in the body 200%!
- [New] TeaCrine® 40% is now 100% soluble, bitter-masked and applicable to all dosage forms including: RTDs, coffee, powders, gummies and gels. And pure TeaCrine® is applicable to all solid dosage forms such as capsules, tablets, softgels.
- The only GRAS ingredient we’ve ever known that, when combined with Dynamine™, can extend the kinetics of caffeine in the body 300%!
Now is a great time to explore formulation options. If you’re curious about how to get ahead while other formulators struggle due to a real but not insurmountable problem of the caffeine shortage, read more about the power of Teacrine® and Dynamine™ in these articles here:
As always, we are ready for you to formulate the next big thing, caffeine-free or not. Contact us now.